Application: Medical Ablation Catheters or Electrophysiology (EP) Catheters.
All Flex has been working with several catheter manufacturers to replace bulky thermocouple wires with a Fine-Line
Type T Thermocouple Flex Circuit in thermal and cryoablation catheters. These catheters are used in critical
applications including Atrial Fibrillation Ablation, Deep Vein Thrombosis Ablation, Tumor Removal Ablation and others.
Our circuits can be made with continuous conductors at extended lengths up to 110 inches long with traces and space
down to .002” (50μm) wide.
Benefits of Thermocouple Flex Circuit over traditional wires include:
- Reduces assembly cost:
- Reduce assembly labor time with less connections/terminations
- Avoids miss-connections eliminating rework
- Add ZIF connection for easy installation
- Minimize catheter/intrusion size and increase flexibility:
- Flatter/Thinner profile- down to .0042” thick (105μm)
- Reduce the number of wire
- Increased reliability:
- Eliminate solder joints
For applications with multiple sensing points, this technology allows you to use either the copper or constantan trace as a common, which reduces the amount of wires/traces within the catheter.
To see the full article with photos download the PDF below.