Application: Extended flex for medical catheters.
All Flex is teaming up with medical device manufactures to revolutionize catheter designs. Today’s state of the art designs may include small Flexible Printed Circuits (FPCs) with electrode pads mounted to the mapping baskets, but they have been limited to only 6 or 8 electrodes.
Using All Flex’s innovative multi-layer Fine-Line Maxi Flex™ technology designers can increase the density of the FPC, allowing for an increase in the electrode count from 8 per unit to 12, 15, and even 18. These fine-line FPCs can run the entire length of the catheter and into the handle with continuous, uninterrupted traces.
Specific improvements included:
- Increased mapping and ablating resolution:
- Increased electrode count
- Reduced assembly cost:
- Eliminates thin wire bundle attachment Reduces assembly labor time
- Avoids wire entanglement and miss-connections
- Increased reliability:
- Reduces the number of solder joints and material transitions
- Minimal size and intrusion:
- Stacking multiple layers of FPCs without interconnects reduces the bulk that limits the minimal catheter diameter