Application: Extended flex for medical catheters.
All Flex is teaming up with medical device manufactures to revolutionize catheter designs. Today’s state of the art designs may include small Flexible Printed Circuits (FPCs) with electrode pads mounted to the mapping baskets, but they have been limited to only 6 or 8 electrodes. Using All Flex’s innovative multi-layer Catheter-Flex™ technology designers can increase the density of the FPC, allowing for an increase in the electrode count (up to 64 electodes or higher). These fine-line FPCs can run the entire length of the catheter and into the proximal handle with continuous, uninterrupted traces. Please email email@example.com for evaluation samples, to set up a design consultation, or any other questions you may have about this product.
For more specific information please contact All Flex.
- Increased mapping and ablating resolution
- Increased electrode count
- Controlled impedence
- Minimal size and intrusion
- Stacking multiple layers of FPCs without interconnects reduces the bulk that limits the minimal catheter diameter
- Increased reliability
- Reduces the number of solder joints and material transitions
- Reduced assembly cost
- Eliminates thin wire bundle wire attachment
- Reduces assembly labor time
- Avoids wire entanglement and miss-connections
To see the full article with photos download the PDF below.